In Your Head - A Poem | TheDonkeyInvasion

17:00 Unknown 2 Comments

Ahoy!

A few months ago I wrote a poem about fear and it received positive feedback from the people who have read it, so I would like to share it with you!


His eyes shot open,
Tangled in Fear,
He knew that something was definitely near.

He had heard stories of a man that worked at night,
With a hook for a hand,
There was no fight.

His smile would be twisted,
As he slit your throat,
He would wrap his body in a cloak.

He would nod at the raven,
That passed him by,
He would smirk at a child's innocent cry.

He would not leave this fearful town,
And in his mind,
He had won your crown.

His name is Fear,
He lives inside your head,
And he will not leave you until you are dead.

 ------------------------------------------------------

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - Jack Canfield

2 comments:

  1. I must agree with the people that gave you the positive feedback. I really liked this poem!
    And I also couldn't agree more with the quote by Jack Canfield: you must overcome your fears to reach your goals.

    The Journeys of a Girl

    ReplyDelete

I solemnly swear that I will reply to all comments!